Every one of us wants healthy beautiful skin. Every one of us has had it when we were kids. What changed? Lifestyle. In order to go back to the skin you were born with, simple steps can go a long way. What’s amazing is you can follow these steps with your demanding schedule. Just reading this article has helped you take the first step towards your goal. Kudos dear reader! Let’s get started!
- Detoxify your body! Every beauty regimen should be preceded by a compulsory detoxification programme to ensure completeness and effectiveness of the steps one takes. Dullness and acne are often results of toxins and waste products in the body. Ayurvedic Panchkarma, 30 day fruit and vegetable programmes, flaxseed tea all help to naturally stimulate your body to purge waste and toxins. This also enhances the function of colon, kidney and liver.
- Drink water! Once you have detoxed, incorporate these simple habits in your lifestyle. Ensure that you drink 2-3 litres of water every day. Water cleanses the body of toxins. Collagen in your skin requires water so it can function optimally. Without collagen, skin would lose elasticity and get wrinkled. Acne lesions increase when skin is dehydrated. Spread out water intake for that glow fellas!
- Meditate! Perform meditation for at least 15 minutes a day. This should be followed by drinking water. Meditation is known to slow down the aging process by bringing prana into our body, which repairs tissues and cells, giving skin a beautiful glow! It will bring you in touch with yourself, and restore your focus on your body’s needs – something our demanding jobs make us lose!
- Exercise! Activities that increase blood flow in your body – namely exercises, help to neutralize stress and oxidative radicals. They give you bountiful skin, and good temperament. Exercise even helps you sleep
- Cleanse, tone and moisturize! Toners should be used right after cleansing, to restore the skin’s pH balance. Good toners help to reduce pores, prevent skin dehydration, and generally make skin smooth.
- Get Vitamin C! Vit C improves collagen production, keeps away pigmentation and age spots and enhances skin’s ability to fight UV rays. It also protects you from the common cold. If that’s not an incentive, I don’t know what is!
- Sleep! Stress hormones cause white heads and acne and can easily be warded off by sleep. Quality sleep reduces stress, improves vitality and ability of the body to regulate itself. Our body restores itself in our sleep. Make sure you get enough of it!
Article written by KananModi